Friday, March 2, 2012

Copic markers...or colored pencils?

….that was my dilemma while I was trying to decide what coloring medium I wanted to use to color this super cute image. Well, I went with markers…yes, the super expensive markers!!! I must say that as much as love to color with pencils, I love the fact that I can color my images faster with markers than with my pencils.

Finding the right color combo is super easy; you just need to look at a copic marker color chart and you’ll find the matching colors! With pencils, I do some testing before I even attempt to color something just to make sure I have the right shades.


So, here is today’s card ~ hope you like it!







Don’t be afraid to try something new, get those markers out of the box and start coloring! Just have fun with them and enjoy creating!

Note: If you are considering buying copic markers, I will suggest you focus on one color combo only because you need have at least two or three markers in the same color family to be able to color an image.  For instance, I used BG11, BG13, and BG15 to color the image. Check your local arts and crafts stores to see if they carry copic markers and start using those coupons  ~ *wink*



Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sooooo adorable! Love the colors and the layout. Thanks for sharing!

Mona Pendleton said...

So adorable Silvia! The little hippo looks so sweet and great mix of patterned papers!

Heather Rogers said...

So darn sweet Silvia. Love the pastel colors. :)
Hugs~

Sheri Gilson said...

What an adorable baby card!! I love the precious papers and hippo image. Too cute my friend!!
Hugs~
Sheri

LORi said...

Love it!! sO sWEET!! ♥

Jennifer said...

Super sweet baby card, Silvia!!! (=