Monday, November 30, 2009

No Stamp For The Focal Point ~ No Problem!

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a sweet and a happy Thanksgiving celebration. Here is the card I mentioned the other day.  I would like to show you  how I used an image from a patterned paper as the focal point for my card.









I cut out the little Christmas tree from the patterned paper. As you can see, I cut around it very carefully because I wanted to leave a white border around the image for extra dimension. I used clear stickles (glue glitter) to make the little trees pop. They look so beautiful and shinny! I used adhesive  foams dots  to mount the little trees on the cardstock.







I stamped the “Merry Christmas” sentiment right on to the same piece of white cardstock. Then, I tied a red organza ribbon between the trees and the sentiment.




Here are the two cards I made using the same patterned paper.  This technique helps you to achieve different looks. The possibilities are endless!!





On another note: Look what I got this past weekend. Yes, It's  finally here ~ my cricut expression machine! I remember like it was yesterday when I saw this machine at Michael five years ago. My little girl asked me to buy one for her that day ~she was four years old!  I wanted to buy one back then, but for some reason decided not to. Anyway, I am very excited about it!





Okay girls that’s all for me today! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your week.
Gracias por visitarme hoy, Que tengan un feliz dia!



Hugs…

6 comments:

Eva Sanz said...

Geniales las tarjetas Silvia
Besos

ROCIO'S PLACE said...

SILVIA QUE BONITAS TARJETAS.
TE FELICITO POR TU NUEVA COMPRA YO LA QUIERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NOS LEEMOS DESPUES

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Silvia! I love the card layout and the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Linda

Axes DesigNs said...

Wow Silvia... que bellas tarjetas y feliciades por tu cri... jejeje yo tambien me la compre aunque ya tenia la chica.. hise upgrade aprovechando la especial que fue fabulosa!!!! gracias por visitar mi blog!

Andrea said...

OMG!Stunning card Silvia. The colors and layout are gorgeous. It is sooo clean and elegant.

Patty Tanúz said...

Silviaaa, qué bonitas cardsss, me gustaron mucho, ese papel de pinitos que lindo eh?? lo he visto y se antojaaaaaa y que padre que te compraste tu cricut, yo apenas recorté unas letras y números y no sabes qué padre, ya la estrenaste??? La tarjeta del Santa también está genial, me gustan los brillitosssss.. besos!