Friday, August 28, 2009

Sunny days!!



I mentioned yesterday that I had two projects to share. Well this is the second one! It is funny to post the picture of my card because here in Atlanta the weather is quite the opposite. Yes, my readers it is raining and I love it! My little one is afraid of the thunders and whenever he hears one, he comes to me to hide from them. Ok! I’ll tell you about the card, I had these stamps for quite some time and I wasn’t sure what to do with them. One day, I went to my favorite scrapbook store and found this beautiful patterned paper which I used as my inspiration to put together this card. I picture my card as a beautiful and relaxing place somewhere in the Caribbean. So, I decided to use the little monkeys with the palm tree. I was even able to use little pearls for the coconuts. They were white and I colored them with my copics. The image was colored with colored pencil and blended with Gamsol ~I am just trying this technique. The inspiration for this technique comes from Paula please stop by her blog, I am sure you will be addict to it!. I did color some sand to make the scene more realistic. The ribbon is from PTI . If you notice, I used a little gem flower too.




I hope you are able to see brighter and warmer colors on it. Sorry! I couldn't catch very well the shinny glitter on the palm tree. Ah! Did I tell you how hard it was to come up with a sketch that it will include three images? ~that’s was the hardest part! ~ hope you like it.
Well, that’s all for today! Thank you for stopping by.

Silvia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Silvia
Love your blog.. i found your site in another blog.
I like so much your card. Love the tropical theme.. cute monkey image. Beautiful card.
Great Job.

**Sony*

Anonymous said...

how perfectly cute is this! And the pearls are adorable as coconuts!!!!

akiyoshi yoshi kumiko said...

Great reaading this