Friday, October 23, 2009

Ready, set, sew!

Good morning everyone! I'm so happy you are here today.
It is very early in the morning to be writing a post, I know! But I wanted to show you the project I finished yesterday. You have no idea how much fun I had while I was making it. I made this beautiful bustier inspired by a fashion trend ~ ruffles! Here is the first picture:







I have neglected my sewing machine for so long that today I decided to use it to complete this project. I really love how neat and beautiful the stitching looks on the cardstock. I stitched the ribbon to form a ruffle to decorate the top and the bottom of the bustier. This bustier will make a beautiful bridal shower favor. Don’t you think?







I always love to show you close up pictures, so you can see all the details on my projects. Notice I added a few gems to the front of the bustier. I didn’t have a sentiment, so I typed the sentiment and printed out on cardstock.





I combined two patterned papers with a solid brown cardstock to form the bustier. To help the cardstock to bend perfectly around the plastic container, I used my scor-pal and traced lines every half of an inch on the brown cardstock. I barely used adhesive on this project; I secured all the pieces with the stitching. I punched holes and added eyelets to pass the ribbon through.







I have to go and get ready for my husband “PUMPKIN POP CONCERT”. My children are very excited to go and listen to all the beautiful music the orchestra will be playing tonight!

Hope you like this project as much as I do! I think it is sooo cute. If I made you smile, please write me a comment.
Thanks for visiting me today, have a great weekend!


Si este proyecto le hizo sonreír al verlo, por favor déjamelo saber!
Que tengan un maravilloso fin de semana.


8 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Silvia! Thanks for entering the Moxie Fab World challenge! :)

ROCIO'S PLACE said...

SILVIA QUE HERMOSO TU BUSTIER ESTA DIVINO Y MUY BIEN DETALLADO QUE INGENIO TIENES MUJER TE FELICITO Y GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR CON NOSOTRAS UN PROJECTO MAS

Anonymous said...

OMG Silvia! This is gorgeous, I love it. You rocked this project. Thanks for sharing!

Linda

Brenda said...

This project is so darling!!! I love it. Your details are wonderful. Great job!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous project!! Love the colors and detail!!

Detalles Handmade said...

waooooooooo, me encanta, hermoso y super adecuado para un bridal shower!!!!

LORi said...

Wowzers...just precious!!!

Hugs ~ LORi

Axes DesigNs said...

OMG!!! This is a beautiful project!!! great idea!.. I Love the pink and brown you use.. Felicidades te quedo hermoso!